"Religious Legalism"

"But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."(Galatians 1:11-12)

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ" I recently read a short article by a Pastor on his newfound freedom in grace and I was excited to hear of his journey from legalism to grace. As I read the article and the comments from his friends, my spirit was grieved that so many people are still blinded by the evil of legalism. My wife and I have been delivered from legalism for many years. In the scope of things, we were only involved a short period so I guess I had forgotten how horrific the bondage of religion can be. As I stated in a previous article, legalism is a dangerous thing that has destroyed many churches and people. It's been almost 28 years since God gave me a Revelation about Joseph that forever altered the course of our lives. As I began to preach the Word that the Lord had given me, I was not yet aware of how much people like the rules of religion and how attached they are to their particular church teachings. You need to understand that just because its taught at a church doesn't make it a biblical teaching. It was a Revelation that would cost me the friendship of several religious fellowships, groups, and legalistic brethren. But even though I knew this message of Grace would be met which much disapproval by the "Religious Bureau of Investigation", I was willing to pay the price that it would cost to preach the Truth of Grace. When Jacob sent his sons to Egypt to buy food, their brother Joseph looked so much like an Egyptian that his brothers didn't even recognize him. He wore Egyptian clothes, spoke the Egyptian language, married an Egyptian women but he had a HEBREW HEART. His brothers, however, wore Hebrew clothes, spoke the Hebrew language, etc.. but they had EGYPTIAN HEARTS. There is a vast difference between the two, one represents the spiritual kingdom of God and one represents the system of the world. The only way you can be changed is by God's Spirit from the inside out, any other method will be a waste of your time and will ultimately destroy your life. It's 2013, the end time move of God is here so for God's sake, please burn your golden calves of legalism, follow the Ark of God across the Jordan River to the land of freedom!! "Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milk and honey."(Deuteronomy 6:3). It awaits you, but be aware, as you walk away, there will be collateral damage. Everyone won't be excited about your journey because it will punch holes in their religious rule book but the world is so much bigger than your captors would have you believe.

Scott L. Boatner
Scott Boatner Ministries International


Sent from my iPad
Scott Boatner