"News Years Eve"

"Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end."(Proverbs 19:20)

"Thy Latter End" Today is the last day of this year, 2012! We are about to plunge into a new year which always brings hope of a better tomorrow. Before we shut out the lights on the last year, please join me and let's take one last look. To me, it has been one of the most trying years of my life yet one of the most triumphant at the same time. At this moment I feel so inspired by God's Spirit but so human and so hurt by the painful moments of this past year. If I may be extremely transparent, the pain and tears of 2012 are almost causing me to be fearful of a new year. Then again, the spiritual precedents set in the past year have me so hopeful about the upcoming year that I can hardly wait for the clock to strike midnight. My family and I are part of a multifaceted ministry, in which thousands have been saved this year, yet some of our other ministries struggle to exist. A spiritual paradox, the best and the worst year all at the same time. It's in the early morning hours of December 31, my precious wife and God's Presence are the only ones present with me in our home at this moment. We have found ourselves in a late night of worship that has carried us past midnight into the last day of the year. In a few hours we will say good bye to the old year, it's tears, it's fears but we will carry the Spiritual Power gained in the past into our future. Once we embrace this new touch from God for our future, there won't be a trace of the tears of yesterday. The Master's Touch will wipe them all away and fill us with a new hope for tomorrow!! His counsel has instructed me and my hope is to be wise in my latter end. We have this promise in Proverbs, that in spite of yesterday, tomorrow will be better because by God's Grace, I will be better. "So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off."(Proverbs 24:14). According to the promise of God, my expectation will not be cut off but I will overflow with hope. "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."(Romans 15:13) So I glorify God for the victories of 2012 and I embrace the trials because they have changed me. I accept the fact that I can't change every thing or every one but I know that God can change me and has done so. I refuse to waste my strength on battles I can't win thereby exhausting myself needlessly but i will use my God given strength for His Glory. I desire to be better tomorrow than I was yesterday. So by faith, I reach into 2013 with hope that God will do things beyond my wildest dreams! God Bless each of you in the new year.

Scott L. Boatner




Sent from my iPad
Scott Boatner