"The Faith of the Son of God!!"

"I am crucified with Christ" To say that you are crucified with Christ is to say that your flesh is dead to the passions of this world, which is a mouthful. Paul makes this statement by the Grace of God and then says that He lives by the Faith of the Son of God. How do you live? Are you crucified with Christ? What controls your life, the Spirit of God or your fleshly desires? "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls."(Proverbs 25:28) A city without walls in Old Testament times meant that it had no protection from the enemy!! Are you living a disciplined life that gives you protection from the enemy? Are you aware that a life without discipline in it, is a life that will eventually fall all to pieces? Do you have the Spirit of God in you or have you just adapted to some religious rules you picked up at church. Are you growing in the knowledge and grace of Christ or is it just a show that you play a part in on Sunday mornings? Now, I ask the question again, "Are you crucified with Christ?" What controls your life and destiny-flesh or Spirit?
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."(1 Corinthians 9:27) The word "castaway" means to be fruitless or not fulfilling your intended purpose. As Paul says in this passage that" Christ lives in me", if He does, then you need to make your life count for God's glory. Jesus gave Himself for me, He died on a cross to give me the peace and forgiveness that I have, that alone should motivate me to serve Him wholeheartedly. Have you nailed your flesh to the cross or is your flesh putting nails in your coffin, one bad choice at a time?

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."(Galatians 2:20)

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner