"Peace and Quiet"

"A quiet and peaceable life" The life we all want but obviously are not hitting the mark most days. I would say that most of the people I meet and greet are stressed to the max, not quiet and peaceable. Bro Scott, what's wrong? Let's take a close look; "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;"(1Timothy 2:1-3) Pray for "ALL" men, seriously, we don't even like most people much less pray for them. It's very hard to pray for someone while judging and criticizing them. Instead of giving people a leg up, "we the people" pile rocks on our neighbors head. I'm not an authority on the governments of the world nor an economist but I have figured out that we here in America are in trouble. All answers to all problems are found in a book called the Bible. The problem is that first thing in the mornings most Christians turn on the news rather than open the Word. We are to pray for those in leadership from the most insignificant elected office to the highest office in the land, The President of The United States. I know the Holy Grail News Network fills your head with all the possible negative junk it can find to completely depress you before starting your day. The Bible doesn't say you have to vote for them, vote for who you want to, but pray for those in office. The only way out of this mess we are in is God's way. I don't wonder at all why we are in the mess we are in, I'm shocked it's not worse. "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God;"(1Peter 4:17). We should be preaching messages of hope and confidence that will inspire our young adults to become leaders in our countries. Instead we tell them how messed up it is so they have no hope and become disturbed about their future. We must preach truth, yes but we must balance it out with Hope!! GOD IS, ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE IN CHARGE!!!! The Word of God is still very clear about what it takes to heal a nation. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."(2 Chronicles 7:14). It hasn't changed, it just needs to be read and obeyed!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner