It's not God's first storm....

Sometime in late summer of 1979 I boarded a "shuttle" flight, a small plane which held around 30 passengers, departing from Jackson, MS bound for New Orleans, LA. I'm just guessing at the number of passengers but I do know at 6'4" I couldn't stand upright and always tried to get a bulkhead seat because my long legs have to be folded up to fly coach. It was a transition year in my life, I had turned 18 in February and graduated High School in May. I was working on a towboat and was on my way to catch M/V Miss Kae-D. This flight was no different from all the other afternoon flights to South LA, SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS!!! When you are in a bad thunderstorm in a small plane, you don't have to be told to put your seat belt on because if you don't you can wind up in the floor. I wasn't saved at the time but was praying nevertheless.... About time I felt like God might have heard my prayers a loud roaring noise suddenly starting coming from the rear of the air craft and then a small petite size young lady came running up the isle as best she could in turbulence. She ran right past me into the cockpit to tell our flight crew about the noise but they had already heard the noise and were taking corrective measures. In those days on small planes there wasn't a cockpit door or if it was they never closed it, it was a different world then... The flight crew was basically two men in the cockpit attempting to fly the plane in one of my worst flying experiences. I was 18, had only a few flights under my belt but was very certain I was going to die that day. By default, I made the assumption that the two very well trained men were in their first thunderstorm simply because I was immature and in my worst storm in the "Friendly Skies"!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE ASSUMPTION THAT THIS IS GOD'S FIRST STORM!!! Our immaturity blinds us to the truth that our God never sleeps in the cockpit nor anywhere else for that matter!!! Tighten your seatbelt of faith and yes the ride may get a little rough but God will get us safely to our destination. We have a Destiny that has been carefully planned by our Heavenly Father, He will see that we are given the opportunity to fulfill His plans for us!!!

"The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and IN THE STORM, and the clouds are the dust of his feet." (‭Nahum‬ ‭1‬:‭3‬ KJV)

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner