"To make Thy Name Known"

"Oh that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence, As when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence! "(Isaiah 64:1-2)

The Prophet Isaiah cries out to God that He would rip open the heavens and come down!! Isaiah knows that the Presence of God is very powerful. He knows that it will melt the mountains therefore he asks God to come down in Presence to let our adversaries know that God can deal with them at any time He so desires!!! Isaiah knows that the Presence of Almighty God will not only melt mountains but make all the nations tremble. Please notice the phrase, "to make Thy Name known." Jehovah is His Name and the mention of it will manifest the Almighty's Presence. As I have said before, God didn't write the Bible to Himself but to us, so we would know how to participate in His purpose for us. Please take note that we have the Name of God upon us, so it's OUR purpose to "make His Name known "and when His Name is seen in you, the mountains, nations and all adversaries will start to tremble and melt. "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."(Revalation 3:12). The reason a name is so powerful is because it's our identity and our heritage. When people wish to single you out in a crowd, they call your name and you respond, if you are meeting someone new, you will introduce yourself by using your first and last name. Your first name identifies you personally and your last name reflects your entire family. We have the Name of God upon us and we should "make it known" because it will change the nations!!! "But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works."(Psalm 73:28). We need to "make His Name known" in every way possible without being obnoxious and driving people away from God. We are created in God's image, unique and diverse in the way we express our faith in God. Please make Him known today!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner