Keep it Simple!

The Year of our Lord, 2014, is drawing to a close. It has had its joys but it has also had many sorrows. Each year is filled with both joy and mourning. We are all members of different family groups, if we love one another, when one cries, we all cry, when one rejoices, we all rejoice. Some individual families have had nothing but constant sorrow for the past 12 months while some have had success and blessing. It's easy to wonder why you had all the trouble while others had a wonderful year. This year I preached a lot on being thankful, regardless of our circumstances. The Apostle Paul has assured us that "all things work together for our good" if we love God. He also instructs us "in all things give thanks" not FOR all things but "In" all things. The "Giving of Thanks" will get the attention of God, so I encourage you to find something to be thankful for each morning of your life. "I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord."(Psalm 116:17)
There are many places in Scripture that we are told to seek the Lord first thing in the morning. We should do so with the sacrifice of thanksgiving which will get the attention of our Heavenly Father!! I am sure beginning each day in this manner will be less stressful than to start the day fighting to make it all happen in your own strength. I don't know about you but I plan on letting God handle 2015 for me, I think He can do a much better job than myself!! Keep it Simple.... "Be still, and know that I am God:I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah."(Psalm 46:10-11)

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner