"Trust"

I often say that getting dressed and going to Church is the easy part of serving God but Trusting by Faith is one of the hardest things you will ever do. We are so natural minded that we find it difficult to lean on Jesus and cast all our cares on Him. We are often overwhelmed by the cares of this world but if we Trust Jesus, He can and will calm our stormy seas that rage within and without!! When David was chased by King Saul for ten years, living in caves while Saul lived like a King at the palace, I'm sure it wasn't always easy to just "Trust"! The Bible says that "David encouraged himself in the Lord". After the ten year struggle was over, David penned these words; "I will love thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will TRUST; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies." (‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:1-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬)
When Peter was walking on the water to Jesus in a storm at sea, all was well until Peter took his eyes off Jesus, looked at the storm, then Peter began to sink. "But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was AFRAID; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬)
The second Peter took his eyes off Jesus he opened the door to the biggest "Faith Buster" there is, FEAR!!! People often wonder why Job faced the things he faced but if you read the Book of Job closely you can find the answer in chapter three. "For the thing which I greatly FEARED is come upon me, and that which I was AFRAID of is come unto me." (‭‭Job‬ ‭3:25‬ ‭KJV‬‬)
Stay focused on Jesus today because He can be TRUSTED at all times under all circumstances!!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner