Complacency; The Death of Spirituality!!!

In Genesis, Rachel cried, "Give me children or else I die"! In Samuel, Hannah wept sore before the Lord because "Hannah had no Children"!

"And she vowed a vow, and said, O Lord of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head."(‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭1:11‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

Hannah was overcome with her burden to have a child to the point that she promised him to the Lord all the days of His Life!!! She cried for a "man child"
with such freshness of Spirit that the "Status Quo" religious leader of the moment accused her of being drunk on wine. Eli hadn't seen nor felt the Spirit of God in so long the he didn't recognize with it with it in his face!! May God help us get hungry for His Presence!!! Hannah wasn't playing church, she was giving birth to one of the most powerful Prophets that ever graced this planet.

"So the Philistines were subdued, and they came no more into the coast of Israel: and the hand of the Lord was against the Philistines all the days of Samuel. And the cities which the Philistines had taken from Israel were restored to Israel, from Ekron even unto Gath; and the coasts thereof did Israel deliver out of the hands of the Philistines. And there was peace between Israel and the Amorites."(1 Samuel‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

Samuel was so anointed with God's Spirit that his presence in Israel held back the enemy all the days of his life!!! How much SPIRITUAL POWER do we have on us? In another place, in another time the Nation of Israel had a death sentence put on her and the responsibility to get it reversed fell to a young lady named Esther. In order for her to get this death sentence reversed she had to see the King, to see the King required permission, you didn't just go waltzing up in his face. When called upon to do what needed to be done for her people; She was willing to do whatever was required to change the collision course with death.

"Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." (‭Esther‬ ‭4:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?"(Psalms‬ ‭42:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬) (David expressing his thirst)

The Shulammite had deep desire for King Solomon! Do we have desire with such depth that it moves the Hand of God that moves the Nations?

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine."
‭‭(Song of Solomon‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

The Apostle Paul knew full well the danger of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ in hostile environments but yet he pressed on to fulfill God's purpose for his life!!

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more."(‭‭Acts‬ ‭20:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬)

"GET HUNGRY OR DIE EMPTY"!!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner