"Be Still"

Sometime it is needful to shut all your systems down and be still, mentally, emotionally, physically and in every way possible. When we need peace, we must deliberately shut down and shut out all earthly voices!

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (‭Psalms‬ ‭46‬:‭10‬ KJV)

"Be Still" means to cease from your efforts. In Matthew's Gospel, Jesus said,
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (‭Matthew‬ ‭11‬:‭28‬ KJV). We often wear ourselves out by striving to accomplish something in our own strength when all we need to do is go sit quietly at the feet of Jesus!! He knows our burdens, needs, cares and everything else that concerns us. David goes on to say "and know that I am God", acknowledge or get acquainted with the truth the our God is the True and Living God! In order to really enjoy someone's company, you must get to know them in a personal way. We must figure out a way to find moments of stillness at the feet of Jesus to soak up His Presence! It is the best thing that we can do for ourselves because His Presence is impossible to explain but has healing powers beyond anything else on earth!! "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." (‭Psalms‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬ KJV). I think Psalm 16:11 says it best, "in Thy Presence is the fullness of joy"! O'Lord, help us to seek your Presence on a daily basis because it is the only way we will ever find true joy!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner