"My sin is ever before me"

As I look in the mirror I am asking God to let me see who and what I really am......"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me."(Psalm 51:3) When we find the strength as young immature believers to quit the sins on our "bad sin list" we feel so good about ourselves but unfortunately if we are not careful, it can actually turn into self-righteousness. As we become controlled by our self-righteous religion then we think we are "spiritual" enough to judge others, to be condescending to others, condemning them, just trying to make the "unrighteous" ones look bad to make ourselves look and feel good about ourselves. Upon discovery of his arrogant self-righteous religion by a revelation of God Himself, Job said, "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."(Job 42:5-6) After this encounter with God Himself, he was a different man than he was in chapter one. Have you grown in Christ over the last few years or are you just adapting to your new religious surroundings? Christianity is not about adapting to someone else's experience but having a spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ. In which one of these categories do you fit?

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner
www.scottboatner.com