Fears, Troubles and Afflictions

"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears." ( Psalm 34:4)

"Delivered me". David said he sought the Lord and he was delivered from all his fears. All of us are tormented by fear at some point in our lives. Fear was one of the first spirits of evil that our forefathers experienced in the Garden.
"And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid; "(Genesis 3:10)
"Fear hath torment" but God's love will cast it out of our lives. (1 John 4:18) In the garden Adam was afraid because he had violated the covenant of God and fear was introduced to mankind. We have been tormented by the spirit of fear since that day several thousand years ago. Fear can only be overcome by being mature in the Love of God and walking in that love. In this Psalm, David is not only delivered from fear but also from all of his troubles and afflictions. "The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all." (Psalm 34:17-19) To know that we can be delivered from all of our fears, troubles and afflictions is some very good news!!! I know that I am thrilled about the possibilities of this hope that is given to me in Psalm 34. Can you even imagine a life free of fear, trouble and affliction? I'm suggesting that we let our imaginations run wild in faith and believe that God can do this seemingly impossible task in our lives. "For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."( Matthew 17:20b) "Nothing shall be impossible", Lord, Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I believe that I am free from fear, trouble and affliction in Jesus Name and NOTHING is impossible for me, I call it done- Amen!!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner