Hello, My name is Stress!!

I was here a long time before I was named...... It is my job to skew your view enough that you can't see the good things in your life so you are never thankful. Once I remove your "attitude of gratitude" I can start to work on making you think EVERYTHING IS BAD in your life. Then I get you to join me on the "edge of the ledge" where "everything is bad", so we can move on to thinking everything is probably going great for your friends!! From here it's pretty easy for me because I have you in a vicious cycle and all I have to do is get you to think that adding more sugar and caffeine will help you feel better.... Ok, I don't need sleep, I'm a by-product of the earth system overloading humans but you do need sleep, so I will only give you bits and pieces of a thing called a "good nights rest". God created rest for your body to shut down so it could renew itself for the next day. The alarm clock, I'm sorry, your cell phone sounds to wake you but you've only had three hours sleep, so it can't be time to do it all over again but it is time.... You can go to your doctor and medicate me but I still won't go away, I will breakthrough as your meds wane... I have now become your constant companion, I've messed up your cortisol levels, I have them up when they should be down and down when they should be up!!! Once I've breached your walls of human preservation I can cause you to be anxious in a crowd or sitting home alone..... Once I have you "under my thumb" the music never stops, the dance of deception is on repeat and you think you can handle me but in reality I'm handling you!!

Hello, my name is stress, shall we dance?

"I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place." (Psalms 118:5 KJV)

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner