"My Pain"

"Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins."(Psalm 25:18)

There are many of you who will read this that are suffering with pain. There are many different kinds of pain. Predominately when the word "pain" is mentioned we think of our physical pain. Other pain in our spirit and soul man is more of a toxic memory or some type of traumatic experience. Today let's face the fact that some of us have bodies that are racked with pain while others have no clue what we are talking about. If you fit into the "No Pain" category, stop what you are doing, get on your knees and give thanks to God that you are pain free! To those of you that deal with pain on a daily basis, I feel you and I pray God's Healing touch in your life. The verse today has the word "pain" in it but it also refers, in Hebrew, to our toiling because of the discomfort caused by pain. The word "affliction" is a reference to our depression, being pressed down or being overwhelmed by some struggle we are facing. The world, the church and our lives are full of pain, painful memories or toxicity of some kind. David is asking God to "Look" upon his pain, affliction and sins. "Look"means to see, to gaze or to have a vision of; David, very openly, says to God, "Please take a Look!!!" The word "Forgive" in this passage means to
"LIFT", so I join David and say "Lord Lift this off Me"...... Do you need something lifted off of you today? The word "cry" is found often in the scriptures, we automatically associate cry with pain so cry out today for God to lift it off you. The word "forgive" in the Hebrew in this passage also means "ease"; Lord, please "EASE" my affliction, my pain and my sins today, today I cry unto you!!! "A Psalm of David. Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit."(Psalm 28:1). Let's just take the mask off, let down our front, wash off our church perfume and cry today. The Tears of the Spirit will wash away all of our yesterday's, the Bloody Stripes of Jesus will heal our bodies and God Himself will lift our sins off of us today. Today is the day that God does the impossible.

I Believe,
Pastor Scott L. Boatner