"Hold my Tongue"

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred."(Job 6:24)

Job directed this question at his judgmental, self-righteous friends and they, of course, couldn't offer a spiritually sound answer. There is not a thing on earth that upsets the self-righteous more than getting a question as an answer to a question. If you read the stories of Jesus you will notice that He used this method to bring light to the subject at hand thus unveiling Truth. God is the only one that can answer Job's question, which actually should be a prayer to our Heavenly Father, not a question that is really an expression of our own spiritual frustration. If we would be so bold as to use this verse as a cry to our loving Savior, our lives would change. I'm praying this short pray because its the desire of my heart to walk with God. At the risk of sounding juvenile, "I double dog dare you to pray this prayer". Lets change ourselves so we, by the power of Jesus, can change the world!!!
Father, Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred, in Jesus Name, Amen!!

I Believe,
Scott L. Boatner